FEATURES OF THE H3-VR
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Record up to 24bit/96kHz
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire,
upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert
to binaural, stereo,and 5.1ch surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
OUTPUT VOLUME CONTROLS
The H3-VR’s line out volume control lets you adjust the output volume to a DSLR camera, additional headphone, etc.
A dedicated headphone jack allows for stereo binaural monitoring of your audio while recording.
A directionally-responsive LCD screen provides a bright, clear display even when upside-down.
The Home, Play/Pause, Forward, Reverse and Menu buttons are positioned for quick access.
Lock your settings on the H3-VR while recording using the unit’s Hold function.
PRECISE INTERNAL CLOCK
The H3-VR’s highly accurate internal clock with 0.5 ppm discrepancy reduces audio/visual drift.
SLATE TONE/SOUND MARKER
Using the slate tone enables you to easily calibrate the H3-VR and camera audio levels. Use the sound marker to output a tone when recording starts to make syncing audio and video easy.
The H3-VR’s advanced onboard limiter offers distortion-free signal at high volumes.
LOW CUT FILTER
The H3-VR’s adjustable low cut filter removes unwanted low-end frequencies.
INPUT VOLUME GAIN
With the single-knob gain control, you can easily adjust the gains of all four mic capsules simultaneously for accurate, balanced 360-degree audio.
Two AA batteries can power the H3-VR for over 11 hours. For longer shoots, the H3-VR can also use portable USB batteries or be plugged in via an AC adapter.
3.5MM LINE OUT
The H3-VR fits right in with your existing gear, featuring a dedicated line out for a wide range of 360 cameras or other external devices.
Weighing less 5 ounces (120g), the H3-VR is the perfect Ambisonics recorder to take on the go. And since H3-VR records directly to an SD card, there’s no need for external gear.